Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I Love the 80's and not for nothing, what the hell happened to MTV?

This blog is dedicated to what's in my proverbial closet.

And what's in my closet today is the 80's. I grew up in the 80's, the 80's were wild and I loved them...I still love Billy Idol, The Cars, Twisted Sister, The Fat Boys, Run DMC and Whodini.

My music taste evolved during what I like to call the music revolution. Music met motion picture...before music was good and if you listened closely to the lyrics you could almost imagine a scene the music set.  But, now we had something new and awesome, the music video age...Herbie Hancock, Men at Work, Twisted Sister and many more were trendsetters. Speaking of trendsetters we can't forget Annie Lennox separately and especially as the Eurythmics...unbelievable.

I was just a child in the 80's and I remember wanting to watch MTV all day;  now you couldn't pay me to turn that channel on.  What the hell happened to music videos?  I used to watch music videos all day long...they would even dedicate an hour to Fab Five Freddy and Yo! MTV Raps.  Now, MTV is filled with weak programming, reality shows of fallen stars and teenage pregnancy.  Yeah, I want to watch that!  NOT!

This song is my dedication to everyone who grew up in the 80's and didn't forget!    Video Killed The Radio Star

Everyone have a fabo night.  PRECISELY.

***Just remember when you are given lemons, make lemondade!  PRECISELY.

No comments:

Post a Comment